Refilling Printer Cartridges

johnflan

anyone got any experience using these Printer Cartridge refilling shops that have started to appear. I have a couple of inkjets and a toner cartridge that I need to replace and am wondering will I really save money if I use these shops.

Hi,

Yes indeed they are called Cartridge World. have used them quite a bit and find them great. Save loads of money etting them refilled rather than buying brand new cartridges. They also take old cartridges that people don't want and refill them and resell them on....Very ecologically sound in the sense that they are recycling.

johnflan said:
anyone got any experience using these Printer Cartridge refilling shops that have started to appear. I have a couple of inkjets and a toner cartridge that I need to replace and am wondering will I really save money if I use these shops.

Does anybody know of a shop in Limerick that refills printer cartridges?

Is this any cheaper than doing it yourself? I've done it myself before and it's not rocket science.

[broken link removed] Dobber22 - this is an irish company that sells ink on the net, very reasonable and sell non-branded ink that is compatible with diff. printers. You can email them to get details of what ink would suit your printer. They might do refils....

Dobber - There is one on Catherine Street, between Cecil St. and Glentworth St. I think there may be one in Ellen St. as well.

Johnflan - I have never used them but a guy once told me it's false economy - the refill never has the same amount of ink as the original ??????????

Has anyone definite results?

...my experience is that the refill biz is pure hit & miss...

1. Refilling yourself - messy - go just spill one drop of the black ink - on your hand or anywhere - it is murder to clean up. I swear I'm never doing it again!

2. Buying refills - have had one of the colours run out realy quick, have had some dud refills returned...this is the lesser of 2 evils.

ninsaga

I have used JR INKJET(http://www.jrinkjet.co.uk/) for the past 4 years on an Epson 760 and recently on a new Epson R300 without any problems.
Regards,
Horse.

I've never had any problems like the refil not being as full as the original. Used to go to cartridge world but there was always a long queue and I did not find them as cheap as the site I use now. [broken link removed]

brodiebabe said:
I've never had any problems like the refil not being as full as the original. Used to go to cartridge world but there was always a long queue and I did not find them as cheap as the site I use now. [broken link removed]

About 50% of the times i have ordered refillied carts (from different companies) there had been one or more colours in the cartridge not working at all.

A complete waste of money?

This was the last one [broken link removed]

and they wont even return my emails. The black cart didnt arrive and the colour one only prints blue.

AFAIK the print head is built into the ink cartridge in most inkjets and print heads are only good for X pages before loss of quality. New cartridges will give you new print heads, avoid the mess of self-refills and the patchy performance of some drill-em-and-fill-em outfits.

I think it varies a lot. Some inkjet cartridges have the print head built in (often the more expensive ones like Lexmark) others have a separate print head.

Does anybody know of a shop in Limerick that refills printer cartridges?

Dobber the place on ellen st is called ink refill depot. haven't used them myself but a couple of people who have said they were satisfied with the price and quality

I have had 1 dud colour refill from Cartridge World and several that didn't last as long as the originals. I think it might be false economy.

Back