Ref Writeoff vehicle

Poppykins

I was involved in a car accident and other driver’s insurance has come to an agreement with me to pay a sum by cheque for my written off vehicle. I would appreciate it you can advise me on how long this should take, as it has now been five weeks since the agreement was reached and I cannot purchase a replacement vehicle until I receive my cheque. I would also like to know if is mandatory for me to be provided with proof that my car was destroyed.

Many thanks in anticipation of your response.

do you know whet category write off it is ? Where is the car now ? In a repair centre / salvage yard ? A lot of insurance company’s use ace auto body . If the repair is more costly than the car is worth they will write it off but you should be provided with the option to buy it back . Your own insurance company should be also give you advise if you need it . The other insurance company should really be covering the cost of a hired car for you

Thank you so much for taking time to respond.

To answer your question, the written off car was sent to a salvage yard to be destroyed and having witnessed the mess it was in, I am more than glad that this action was decided upon.

The car we are going to purchase is ready for us, having gone through independant mechanical inspection, history check etc, but after five weeks we expected to have received the cheque. I cannot understand why there is such a delay and wondered if anyone knows what the usual period for such payments take.

It has been a nightmare few weeks since this accident, with untold stress whilst coping with delayed shock and injuries.

Thanks again in advance of a response.

Under CPC, once settlement is agreed by Insurer, cheque must issue within 10 days.

do you know whet category write off it is ? Where is the car now ? In a repair centre / salvage yard ? A lot of insurance company’s use ace auto body . If the repair is more costly than the car is worth they will write it off but you should be provided with the option to buy it back . Your own insurance company should be also give you advise if you need it . The other insurance company should really be covering the cost of a hired car for you
Yes, the car is a category D write off, but I have not been sent written proof that it has been destroyed. What concerns me is that I have been told by Motor Tax office that I cannot reclaim outstanding car tax on that vehicle. The cheque has still not arrived. It is a complete nightmare to be honest and not something I ever envisaged having to deal with.

Back