Redundant holiday pay

guest-2796

Hi all,

I’ve unfortunately being made redundant from my current job at the end of this July, I have been employed for just under 2 years so I don’t qualify for a redundancy package, I wanted to ask about my annual leave, my leave for the year is 20 days and I have taken roughly 8 days this year, I had guessed that my remaining 12 days would be paid back to me but I’m seeing this is incorrect as I haven’t worked the full year, just wondering how I calculate my annual leave earned? I’m guessing that I have some Al built up that I’ve earned but I'm not sure what to expect!

Thanks in advance

HR Manager here.

20 / 12 months = 1.66 days per month worked. Jan-July = 7 months x 1.66= 11.66 days less 8 days taken = 3.66 days due.

Less than two years service means no statutory redundancy entitlement but you should try and seek something as you are being dismissed by reason of redundancy. Often you would see a couple of months salary as an ex-gratia payment being made in such circumstances. If you don’t ask…..

Good luck with it all OP.

g

Hi all,

I’ve unfortunately being made redundant from my current job at the end of this July, I have been employed for just under 2 years so I don’t qualify for a redundancy package, I wanted to ask about my annual leave, my leave for the year is 20 days and I have taken roughly 8 days this year, I had guessed that my remaining 12 days would be paid back to me but I’m seeing this is incorrect as I haven’t worked the full year, just wondering how I calculate my annual leave earned? I’m guessing that I have some Al built up that I’ve earned but I'm not sure what to expect!

Thanks in advance
Are there many employees being made redundant or is it just you?

HR Manager here.

20 / 12 months = 1.66 days per month worked. Jan-July = 7 months x 1.66= 11.66 days less 8 days taken = 3.66 days due.

Less than two years service means no statutory redundancy entitlement but you should try and seek something as you are being dismissed by reason of redundancy. Often you would see a couple of months salary as an ex-gratia payment being made in such circumstances. If you don’t ask…..
Break it down even further to be exact.

You have 20 days leave for 365 days of anticipated service. Calculate the days from 1 January up to your last day of service and calculate your leave allowance on a pro-rata basis as @garbanzo has outlined.

Would agree that it’s a bit mean-spirited of an employer to allow you walk without something in your pocket.

Back