Redmayne Bentley Stockbroker leaving Ireland!!

postman pat

I received a letter today from Remayne Bentley stockbrokers informing me they are leaving Ireland on the 31st of January!!!
I have an account with this firm for many years and was more than surprised to get a 2 sentence letter saying 'so long'
I have no doubt this is brexit related as it is a British firm and they advised me to phone their brokers in UK if I wanted to stay with them but got the impression that they are not really interested in Irish business so my question is; should I move my account to an Irish based broker and which one?.
I think I know the answer to the first part of my question but would appreciate any advice on this issue or from someone who might be in the same boat...as it were

Regards. Pat

No Brendan,they just said the employees may be in touch to speak to me.
i have looked up some irish stockbrokers and their fees seem very large so im considering an online broker but i wonder is it hard to transfer etc..

They should offer you the opportunity of transferring your shares free of charge to the broker of your choice.

You could try degiro online????

+1 on DeGiro. When I moved from Goodbody a few years ago, it cost circa E10 per position to move in. All going well now.
Suggest you look up some reviews of the service, and if you want to sign up, I'm sure a few of us with accounts can share a signup code that will give you and us E20 free trading credit.

Just wondering if anyone has stuck with Redmayne Bentley. If so, how have you found them to deal with?

Back