Redcourt Oaks - Clontarf

Lollie

If the market falls and all we're left with is location, is a one-bed in a nice development in Clontarf enough? Sacrificing the 2nd bedroom & paying through the nose for a small 1-bed but great area. Any opinions? Thanks.

Don't Know Lollie
As a general rule 1 bed apartments are harder to shift than 2 beds if u look at any development in any location the 2 beds will sell out 1st then 3 beds then usually 1 beds are last to sell and can remain on the mkt for some time even in popular developments so if downturn could prove much harder to sell 1 bed in great area than 2 bedroom in good area,

Even most single people I know who have bought apartments have stretched their buget to buy 2 bed rather 1 just for the general extra space it affords

I agree and the fact that its a small one bed makes it even worse...and doesnt' that development have a hefty management fee too? Personally I would move out further for more space... keep your second bedroom if you can...
I lived in a small one bedroom with boyfriend for awhile...would never do it again... we had one and a half wardrobe between us, no room really for a chestofdrawers for clothes and a tiny kitchen off a awkwardly shaped living room which held a desk with his computer, a dining table a couch and a tv...and nothing else I can assure you would fit!

And I agree, most people would stretch themselves for a two bedroom instead, you might find it hard to sell later, especially if a number of two bedroom apts are on the market with yours!

hey there
I am going to agree with the others..my understanding is when the market crashed in england years ago those worst affected were in 1 bed apartments as people who were then buying on to the property ladder could afford a 2 bed rather then a 1 bed. 1 bed apartments were literally just skipped over so that may be worth keeping in mind...

OK, thanks for your thoughts guys. You have pretty much confirmed what I thought, not necessarily what I want to hear though!

Back