Red Bull Air race tickets

Bluebean

Hi all,

I signed up to enter the draw for tickets for the red bull air race, Rock of Cashel next Sunday. For the last 2 weeks, on a Tuesday I've received an email saying I had not been lucky in the draw but that my name would be included in the following week's draw. The last draw took place yesterday but I have not received any email at all today. Has anyone received confirmation of tickets today? Or even the 'unfortunately you were not lucky this time' email that I've received before now?

thanks.

i entered for the tickets last monday & i got a " sorry but you were unsuccessful.." response last monday & then i got a "you have been successful.." response yesterday.

said it would take 5 days to get the tickets.... so i hope i have them before the weekend :)

I recieved an "unsucessful but you can watch the race live on TV3"

Wasn't sent until 18.30 though.

Do you think there is anywhere in cashel you would get a good view outside of the ticketed area?

When you see the price they ask for it. You had to be mad to buy them, people have no shame to sell free ticket.

I wasnt successful in getting any tickets either. I really would have liked to go. Still, I feel a bit better knowing that I wasnt the only one that didnt get them....

I can't believe they are selling them on ebay, and some of the prices are crazy! I'm not bothered enough to pay for tickets, I'll watch it on the telly instead, will probably see as much as I need to on that anyway!

Bluebean said:
I can't believe they are selling them on ebay, and some of the prices are crazy! I'm not bothered enough to pay for tickets, I'll watch it on the telly instead, will probably see as much as I need to on that anyway!
What is wrong with selling the tickets on ebay. It is a commercial gig, different to Live8/Aid. It's a free country, you can do what you want with your own stuff...... sell it, eat it, whatever.

Fair point Bluespud. I suppose what I should have said was I dont think I would pay money to someone for tickets that they got for free. As with the U2 tickets that were being sold for well above face value, I think it is unfair on the genuine fan.

Then again, this type of thing wouldn't happen if there wasn't people out there willing to pay. I'm just not one of them!

BlueSpud said:
What is wrong with selling the tickets on ebay. It is a commercial gig, different to Live8/Aid. It's a free country, you can do what you want with your own stuff...... sell it, eat it, whatever.

It's called touting BlueSpud, and it's all wrong.

RS2K said:
It's called touting BlueSpud, and it's all wrong.

its not really. its an absolute aspect of a free market. Its supply and demand, no different from a plumber at the moment being able to charge big money because there is more demand for plumbers than the plumbing professionals can supply.

bertie ahern said as much himself recently. if you're willing to pay more for a service than thats your call.

Back