Recycling Trucks on N81- where are they going?

lucylu

Every morning for over the last month I meet at least 4 large recycling trucks heading down the N81 sometimes in convoy...
Does anyone know where these are heading too??
I do not know of any large recycling centres in the West Wicklow /Carlow areas. Many of these lorries have an no names on the lorries while some do and have Recycling in the name..

Just curious ...

West wicklow is a one of the most notable beauty spots in Ireland but it has 1 fault all those bloody trucks taking sand and gravel out of the hills so those nice men in the trucks are doing us locals a great service and filling in the holes left by the booming construction sector

there is some stuff hanging from the netting covering the trailer it is very hard to see as they are very tall and they hurtle down the road in great speed.

In fairness The N81 has improved alot..

Have seen them myself, usually 4 red trucks with XXXXX Recycling on the front and sides in a convoy. They seem to be full and there seems be detritus hanging from the back of some of them.

Have seen them myself, usually 4 red trucks with XXXXX Recycling on the front and sides in a convoy. They seem to be full and there seems be detritus hanging from the back of some of them.

As for the N81 having improved, can't say I have seen it myself. A slow, congested, dangerous road that badly needs improvement with the amount of traffic it carries.

I have lived on the road for 28 years (well beside it on it would be just mad) and while I think it has improved over the last few years we all know that if it was not for the tour de france it would never have been resurfaced. I still love getting my nice white car that unique colour of mud and sludge that you can only get driving behind a truck without its load covered just after it has rained.

Saw six this morning on the road all but 1 had the name of a well known recycling company

This morning I passed 4 of them at Tuckmill cross so they are not heading for Whitestown.

Having the conversation with my boss about needing time off to follow trucks down a road is just going to get me fired. How much time do I need ? Well depends how far they go.

The possibilities are endless . . . think of tribunals, think of Die Hard (the one in New York where they rob the bank), think of spiriting away art collections . . .

z

I saw 4 of them queueing to get into the Landfill at Rampere in Baltinglass on Friday morning. There is no industrial recycling center there, only a domestic service.

If it is a recycling material, then it seems strange that they would dispose of waste here as dumping at landfill would cost the operator a multiple of the cost of recycling.

Also quite misleading if people are separating their waste and assuming that they're doing their bit for the environment. But as Stephen Knig would say, "Assume makes an ass of me and you"

The sooner the better Dublin gets it's own facilities to deal with waste and the destruction of the Garden of Ireland can stop.