Recycling Nappies Container

BobbyFowler

We've a baby on the way in September. I've heard about recycling bins which you can throw recyclable nappies (content 'n all) in. Apparently you have to buy some particular kind of worm which eats into it. You leave the bin out the back of the garden (preferably downwind!) Does anyone know anymore about this, where I get them (nappies + container) & how much they cost?

hi there,
I too looked into this somewhere, try rollercoaster and search under the discussions for eco stuff. Im not sure this really works unless you have a huge garden and lots of space so smell doesn't get near house. Cant exactly remember much other than that but I went off the idea. Have decided to use re-useable/ washable ones with a liner you pop in the bin or is flushable down the loo and biodegrades. Easier I think in the long run, you just wash the nappy bit in the machine and refill with liner, at least the garden is kept poo free!!
Hope this helps
Muffinb

We found the baby orchard http://www.thebabyorchard.com/catalog/ in Cork very helpful in sourcing ecofriendly baby products. We tried the compostable nappies but it takes a very long time and they dont break down completely. We are now using fuzzibunz pocket nappies which work very well.

I have no connection to this company other than being a very satisfied customer

www.ecobaby.ie sell compostable nappies and have a good article on their website about composting them. As has been said, it takes a year and the compost is not usable immediately, as it came from human faeces.

The compostable nappies are very good and unbleached but a lot more expensive than other brands.

Back