recycle old PCs

car

Hope the powers that be wont mind me posting this, Ive seen questions for this now and again asking where it can be done.

Friend of mine is involved with this crowd that send recycled PCs to africa.
www.camara.ie

At the moment they only collect within Dublin and County. Or you can drop it off to at a location on the Quays in the city centre (map on the web site).

They are only interested in receiving PCs over a certain spec, or so I read, i.e. they won't take any PC-or am I wrong?

But a good way to get rid of unwanted hardware and maybe benefit someone else at the same time.

I could enquire but I would have thought that a certain spec might be required for any training software that they might want to run, or they just dont want to be a dumping ground.

For one in IT for so long I dont really follow hardware, so Im not sure how out of date the following specs taken from the site are..

Pentium II Processor rated at 233 Mhz upwards
Celeron processor 266 Mhz and above.
AMD K6 Processor 300MHz and above.
If you are not sure check for the Intel Pentium II logo or any Celeron logo (unless modified most systems running Windows 98 Second Edition will be acceptable).
Hard disks greater than 5GB.
RAM 128MB.
Monitors 15"+
We are in great need of power cables, keyboards and mice.
We also will accept other peripherals and spare parts including:
CDROM/DVD ROM Drives, CD Writers, multimedia peripherals, USB devices/cables, multimedia cards (Video, capture etc), Modems, Sound Cards any blank media etc.