Recruitment / temp staffing agency.

Tormented

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get a quote for Professional indemnity as a Recruitment business, I also need employers liability to cover direct employees but also obviously to cover candidates that I provide to clients on a contract or temporary basis. I will be primarly involved in providing tempory and contract staff to the Construction, engineering, and hotel /leisure industries. I am also looking for a quote for Public liability, and office insurance, building, contents ECT.

I am finding it extremely difficult to find an insurance company that will quote me for the above, especially the Professional indemnity related to recruitment, would anyone here be able to recommend an insurance company interested in providing this cover, as I have found the response from the commercial division of one company not so "Mighty" after all, if you get my drift.

Hope someone can help

Thank you Brendan,

I will contact him, I will let you know how I got on through private messages.

Kindest regards

As an aside, can anyone advise why Professional Indemnity Isurance is ncessary for a recruitment company? i.e. in what cirumstances would it be drawn on?

Thanks

Hi

Recruitment agencies employ professional recruitment consultants who offer expert opinion on recruitment solutions such as recruitment advertising, candidate selection, placement ect. If the client is not happy with the outcome of a solution provided, which can be for many reasons. The client may bring a case against the company for damages. I am not a legal expert, but that would be my interpretation of the requirement for Professional imdemnity .

Hope this helps

The OP seems to be supplying things linke engineering staff on an hourly rate. He would therefore their employer. They are a professional and if they make a mistake it is possible the agency could be sued. It is usual in the contract that all insurances are passed onto the main contractor.

It is very complicated and the guy in Brennans is good at explaining it.

Under Irish law and practice, the employer is the client who controls the person, and not the agency. That does not stop an employee placed through an agency from suing the agency and the client. For that reason, some agencies take out employers' liability insurance.

Professional indemnity would be called upon where the client suffers a loss as a result of the negligence or action of the recruitment agency. There would be no claim if an employee did not work out as expected - agencies give no such guarantees. A claim would be successful if the employment agency knew that the employee had a conviction for fraud and did not notify the potential client.

Public liability insurance is quite theoretical. A member of the public is injured by an employee and the agency is in some way held responsible. I find it difficult to even conceive of such an eventuality.

Brendan

Back