Recording TV

eireabu

I have a quick question re. recording tv.
Bearing in mind that I don't have much of a clue when it comes to tvs etc - what is the best option for recording tv at the moment?
I have the basic NTL digital package (I use one of those starview boxes to get the sports channels etc.).
I would basically just like to be able to record a TV programme from time to time if I was going to miss it for some reason - as per the old VCR machines.
Would a regular DVD recorder be the best option for this or what would you suggest?
Thanks

The best thing to do is buy a DVR (Digital Video Recorder), they have come down in price alot over the last couple of years.

They are basically an external hard drive with an operating system that allow them record tv, play movies, play your music or view pictures.

You can get them with(think video ipod with more functionality) or without an LCD screen

I currently have an archos DVR which i find excellent, they also have product called Archos TV which does exactly what you want & more. Check out www.archos.com or do a search on any electronics retail website for DVR or media hard drive.

Also, shop around, you'll be surprised by the savings you'll make

Those Starview boxes are illegal.

If you 'don't have much of a clue when it comes to tvs', then you could upgrade your basic ntl digital package to the ntl DVR. What ben10 suggests is valid, but you would have to do some research and make some informed choices.

If you stick with ntl, they'll set it up for you and provide support. Though you might want to keep you StarView box out of sight when they call :D !

Back