recording online streaming video

seaflower

Hi all, first, I have no idea if this is illegal, if so, I appologise and will delete my post!

My daughter loves the Fimbles and they do have a [broken link removed] on BBC web site. I would love to be able to download it on the PC (or even pda) as it takes ages to load up online. Tried several stream recoring programs, it all seems ok until 99% and then it hangs. Could it be because the file is protected in some way? any ideas welcome, it will save my sanity (those of you with 2 year olds will understand!)

Re: recoring online streaming video

Theres an easy way which works for the BBC fimbles video and also for YOUTUBE and GOOGLE

Download the free firefox browser from here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox

Then download the free Videodownloader plugin/addon by clicking on the install button on this page below:

[broken link removed]

Once the firefox is working with the plugin you can then capture the download link of almost any video which firefox is used to view.

This is how I would do it.

Good Luck and happy viewing :)

Thanks, sign. Unfortunatelly that doesn't seem to work for me, it is saving it an html file (as opposite to a movie format). While I was looking for support for this add-on I saw there are few others, will try them as well.

In case you need any extra help,

Try it with the realplayer option

The following steps allowed me to save real player files with extension .rm
which can then be played using realplayer.

Using Firefox + Videodownloader plugin

See screenshot below:

[broken link removed]

Click videodownloader symbol which is left of the letter 'S!' on bottom right hand side of browser.

When this occurs a window will pop up allowing you to save realplayer files.

You can even see the addresses of the files from the screenshot.

These addresses can be pasted into any browser and saved normally. If you can do this you wont have any html file problem.

It was easy to copy and paste the download link from the small window which appears:

[broken link removed]

Back