Recording on video from sky digital possible ?

M

me,me,me

Hi,
I am after getting a sky type dish and can get the two (analogue stations I think you call them ? ) RTE 1 and RTE 2 on the conventional aerial. I can record on the video the RTE stations but cannot get the video to recognise the sky stations. I am just able to press "record" and record a sky type programme if it was on the telly at the time and I was there to press "record" and "stop" etc. However, that is very limited use - is it technically possible I will be able to set the video to record something hours/ days in the future from eg BBC or UTV when out of the house ? Before digital TV I was able to video record well in advance using the timer or videoplus.

This question is commonsense to some people, but it has caused me frustration with the video manaul. I have looked at other items on this forum and suspect I will not be able to videoplus or future record BBC / UTV / Channel 4 etc ? Thanks in advance for any replies.

You need to supply more detail about the cabling set-up.

FWIW, I have an ntl digital box. It connects to the VCR via SCART. On the VCR, aside from the standard channels, there are 'channel settings' for SCART 1 (L1) & SCART 2 (L2).

If I want to record from digital box to VCR, I set the VCR timer to the digital box SCART channel (e.g. L2) for the appointed time. I then have to set an auto-tune reminder on the digital box, consistent with the VCR timing.

I accept your set-up may be different but, in principle, it should work the same.

Just set the programs you want to watch to autoview, and set the vcr to record on the Sky channel when these programs are on.

Alternatively, upgrade to Sky+ and let the Sky box do it all for you!