Recording from digital TV

D

daveconf

Hello,
is it possible to record from digital tv(Chorus) to a DVD HD recorder.
Do I need a Digital tuner to achieve this?

I dont seem able to find the digital tv signal, tried all sort of scart connections with no joy!

Any help appreciated.

Dave

Re: Digital

Yes it is absolutely possible -I record from NTL box without a problem-however for some reason a minor flaw with these recorders (mine and obviously yours) is that when u autonatically scan for channels it only seems to find the analogue ones.
On mine -which is a Lite-On u have to go into the Channel editor and manually insert the Channel (on the recorder) u wish to receive the signal from the box from.It will be the next available channel number after the analogues are stored.
There should be an instruction in your manual about how to do it on your machine.Must admit it took me quite a while to work out what they were on about

Re: Digital

I had Chorus Digital and in order to tape on to my DVD HD Recorder I just switched my TV over to AV and whatever channel was tuned in on my Chorus box would come through that and can be taped normally. I wasn't able to tune in the channels individually on my DVD Recorder, I don't think you can with Chorus. Switched to Sky + some months ago and have never looked back....

Back