Reconnecting gas to cooker hob only- cost?

Newshound

Brother got new kitchen for home he rents out in lucan and is currently renovating. Fee of 200 euro charged for just reconnecting hob. Is this excessive? Guy who did it claimed to be registered Bord Gais Contractor. He has an electric oven.

Any ideas/?

I would never advise gas, electricity nearly always works out cheaper.
I have a hob that takes bottled gas, might be working out cheaper, about €25-€30 for a gas cannister.
gas mains i.e. thought the ground from bord gais is a rip off AFAIK...
€200 for a connection does sound quite expensive but then again there's no competition against bord gais so the charge what they like.

I've been trying to source someone to fit a gashob for our new place and the average price is 150-200 for hob only its certainly around the prices I've been getting.

Any plumber can do it he doesnt have to be bord gais certified

I recently paid 150 euro for installing a gas hob in North Dublin. PM me if you need a name and phone number.

And as far as I know, the installer MUST be a registered gas fitter.

K.

The installer of the gas pipeline must be a registered fitter. If the installed gas pipe has a click-on ("bajonett") fitting to connect the hob to then the final connection of the hob can be done by yourself. You don't need an electrician to plug in your toaster.....

Thanks everyone for replies. It was 200 euro but i notice he connected the electric oven too!