Reconditioned Aga

cw2p

Has anyone any experience of a reconditioned aga with a pressure jet burner (as opposed to the wick). there is a company in tipperary selling these. It sound ideal as you could turn it on for a few hours a day. Is it practical. does it take long to heat up ?

Hi Cw2p,

I have an aga which when I bought it was reconditioned but with the wick - have never heard of the one you are talking about - it sounds to me more like a stanley cooker than an aga - correct me if I'm wrong. Ivan Stanley in Tullow County Carlow is very good for reconditioned Agas and his brother installs them - I have no affiliation other than I purchased one 15 years ago and get them to service aga every year.

Its an aga which works on the same system as a stanley (pressure jet burner) so it dosent need to be on all the time. B and f enterprises in cashel and twyford aga in hereford england do them !

Never heard of them and we are currently getting an aga reconditioned, an oil one. Did a good bit of research on them and what you are saying is exactly what we would have wanted but didn't find anything like that. I know if you turn an Aga off and next day turn it on again it takes a good while to heat up. My mum has one and when she gets it serviced it takes over 24 hours to get it back to the full temperature. The only one I have heard of is the electric aga but they are really expensive and really have to be bought brand new as they are only on the market a few years. I would try ringing Haldane Fisher in Newry and ask their advice as they are big Aga dealers on new and reconditioned cookers, see what they think.

Back