Recommendations for Santa

Green

Want to bring three kids (5, 5 and 7) to Santa at the weekend. Has anyone any recommendations for ones that have been good?

Don't know where you are but the Santa in Smithfield Tower is very good, we took two kids and they loved it - nice little restaurant outside then for hot chocolate.

Arnotts one is good but probably swamped at this stage. I'd say the weekend anywhere will be crazy.

I'm suprised the Mods didn't close this thread down for a misleading title. I was going to post my Recomendations for Santa would be that he go easy on the beer on Christmas Eve and take a good sun holiday in January!

(By the way a very good Santa is out at Powerscourt. Long queues at the weekend though so if you're going on Sunday get there early)

Oh, near to St.Mary's Parish, sure I should have known ! Drumcondra isn't it !?

Text added - Doh ! Lucanite, had to think about that one, from outside the pale you understand ? I do agree however it does sound like a religious sect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm in Dublin, thanks for all the recommendations so far, dunno if I can say the same for the humour.

From Lucan I'd say Donadee or Lullymore - both a bit of a drive but nicer settings then some shopping center in dept. store

Santa in Stillorgan Shopping centre is good. No charge, and there is face painting, and balloons. No present, just a packet of sweets, but the Santa looks the part and the kids loved it. You pay for a photo, but the elves were very discrete about asking me did I want a photo, to avoid
the kids demanding it.

Thanks to Dundrum Shopping Centre, access to Stillorgan SC is not too bad these days.

Donadea Wood has a great Santa. There are lights along to wood until you get to the Santa's house. Very atmospheric.

Donadea Forest Park has been the best place we took the kids, they really thought they were at Santa's house. Competitive price and great atmosphere. Get Directions and times to visit on www.coillte.ie

I brought the kids to Powerscourt yesterday. The wait time was ~ 1.5 hours but it was well worth it. They show some DVD's while waiting in the queue so the wait isn't too bad.

Not bad value either; €7.50 per child. A picture with santa costs €3 extra.

Wait for this....
Tuam Shopping Centre in Galway - €4 per child(same for past 3 years) - kid gets a digital photo, decent present, free face paint & a treat. The Santa even looks like the real thing - chubby, mid 60's, white hair & beard, circa 6'.
The guy is now famous over here in the West! Has to be the cheapest & best value Santa in Ireland - no rip off here!