Recommendations for Pub with good food in Kinsale

Bosshog

The folks are heading to kinsale this morning for the weekend.
I want to book them somewhere nice to eat,
however they prefer the atmosphere of nice Pubs that do good food as opposed to fancy restaurants.

any ideas?
thanks

ps. i have read the key post re: eating in kinsale - Man Fridays seems to top the list

Hi

Try

Do good pub food there and think there is a restaurant upstairs

Man Friday is great food and good portions and then over to the Spaniard for a pint or 6

Man Fridays would be top of the list but as you said, its more of a restaurant type

My sis works in the bar/restaurant in the Bullman and it gets great reviews

Its more of a pub atmosphere right in the marina

There's a place called "The White Lady" or "The White House" which serves really good food.
Good atmosphere too as it's a pub but the food is really good.
I'd second the Man Friday recommendations for a good restaurant.

Man Fridays keeps coming up tops!
so i think ill book there and then let them wander over to the Spaniard.

thank you all for the replies.

Man Fridays keeps coming up tops!
so i think ill book there and then let them wander over to the Spaniard.

thank you all for the replies.

Before you do just have a think about Crackpots - it's on a par with Man Fridays, and in the centre of town.

I ate in both back to back two years ago and I thought the food and athmosphere was better in Crackpots

FORGOT TO Mention....

The Vintage Restaurant

I ate in there a few years back and it was fantastic....very small quirky little cottage style restaurant that your parents will love in the town. Highly recommend it but needs to be booked well in advance

[broken link removed]

Last Saturday night I had a drink in the Spaniard followed by a meal in the Man Friday. Was the best night out I've had in ages. I'd recommend the Spaniard every time!