recommendations for PI insurance

Roundy#

Hi folks pricing around quotations for PI insurance for civil engineering works at the moment..........anyone have any recommendations on who is currently the most competitive?

One of the companies we deal with, Benchmark, offer a very cost effective PI product. If they can quote for you, they are very quick at issuing documentation and don't need a massive proposal form completed which is often the case with most PI providers.

www.powerinsurances.ie

Roundy, I saw in a recent trade magazine that AA are doing some business insurance, it was aimed at Architectural practices. Is it public or professional indemnity you are looking for?

I am presuming it is professional indemnity which is why AA may help. Our insurance is for renewal in the Spring and I will be contacting them myself and Jimbobp's suggestion. Am with Quinn at the moment.

Roundy, any broker worth their salt will know the market for civil engineers and be able to get you a few quotes. Obviously it depends on your past fees and the size of them but there are a lot of lloyds synicates who are competitive. On Benchmark, they wouldn't be a huge fan of civil engineers and potentiall fees will put them off.

Hi Roundy,

See you are in the engineering sector from other posts, most brokers will have access to competitive markets, it just depends on whether they do the work or not, it's a busy time in insurance so ask the question, who was approached. Yes to above post, benchmark wouldn't be climbing all over engineering risks but enought other options.

Here's a [broken link removed] to some good pointers to take note of when reviewing your requirements, hope they help.

Michael