Recommendations for moviemaking software?

Green

Hi, I got a sony camcorder about a year ago and have been happy taking footage of various family occassions. Now I realise I have loads of discs but they need to be made into mini movies etc. I was looking for recommendations from other AAM'ers of software packages they might use? Are there any good ones that might be free on the net?...thanks

I've only used MS Windows Movie Maker which you can download free from MS website. I use it occasionally with my Sony DV8 (I think it's called) camcorder. Basically you connect via USB (you need to make a USB Streaming change in the menu) and play on the camcorder, you see it on the screen, you capture as wmv - very basic really. There's the ability to edit I think but I've never done it.

I use softwear called U Lead Video Studio got from PC World for about 80 Euro but found it well worth the money. After about 15 minutes you get the hang of it & it's really simple to cut, fade in/out, overlay music or voiceovers, insert still pics, scroll titles & almost anything else.

I think this is now called Corel Video Studeo, and is indeed pretty easy to use, with great pan-and-zoom features. You can download a 30-day free trial.