Recommendations for gothic style venue for Halloween Ball

truthseeker

Can anyone recommend any good gothic type venues in which to hold a Halloween Ball for 70-100 people.

The ideal venue would be in Dublin or close to Dublin, and require little decoration, so already having stone walls, creepy alcoves etc...

I want to avoid a standard function room with patterned carpet and white walls. I am looking for somewhere with a bit of athmosphere.

I am willing to cater food and booze myself but ideally it would be somewhere that has a bar and is capable of providing a buffet.

Have already checked out the crypt in Christchurch but you literally only rent the space, you have to provide your own bar, food, music, tables, chairs etc... the toilet facilities are not good for the numbers Im thinking of and you get kicked out at 11pm.

Any ideas welcome.

"The Vaults" bar under Connolly station, accessed from the IFSC side?

It's built into the railway's vaulted stone arches and has olde worlde church fittings and statuary everywhere. They have a function room with a private bar and will do catering.

It may be too far outside Dublin, but I had my wedding reception in Barberstown Castle, Kildare. The function room is a self-contained banquet hall that looks beautifully medieval, with stone walls, iron candle sconces, and heavy wooden furniture. There is a bar in the hall, and food can be provided.

Failing that, I would also recommend The Vaults - definitely has that touch of Hallowe'en about it!