Recommendations for cheap small digital camera

zag

Hi there,

I am looking for a small and cheap digital camera. The main criteria are that it is small enough to fit into a pocket and has 4 megapixels upwards.

It is for a work project for recording location of devices, so super resolution or optics isn't required, but good value would be appreciated. I am looking for something in the €100-€150 price range.

I saw this - [broken link removed] - on Peats website and it seems to fit the bill. Reviews on the web seem reasonable.

Any other first hand suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers,

z

I've just bought a Fuji Finepix A345.. 4MP & 3xoptical zoom. Gets decent reviews.
You can get it at www.pixels.ie for €139
I bought it at the Dublin camera center (http://www.cameracentre.ie/) for €212 which included case, charger & batteries and a 256MB memory card.

Haven't used it in anger yet, going on holidays in 2 weeks time.

The one you are talking about has no optical zoom - for zooming in without loss of quality - A friend of mine has this cheap and cheerful model which has optical zoom for Eur120.

The Fuji A345 that tiger talks about above is also a much better camera than the samsung in Peats.

Agree with podgerodge — but buy the for €165.

Pity you didn't pick up something in the January sales; there were lots of half-price offers in Argos/Dixons etc.!

Argos (p. 396-8 of the new catalogue) are now offering the or the for €152 — not quite as good as the one linked to above, but still have 3x optical zoom... — if you can't wait for Pixmania to deliver.

Update — Aldi have this bundle from next Sunday for — looks like damn good value, and all with a no-quibble 3-year guarantee...