Recommendations for architects and builders in County Clare

gdf

I'm planning an extension to my house in Ennis which will involve structural mods. I would appreciate any recommendations for local architects and builders who take on residential work.

I was looking for an architect and was recommended Pat Hogan in Kilnamona, just outside Ennis. Have had no personal dealings with him, but I have heard two separate good reports.

He could probably help you with choosing a good local builder too.

I have recently had plans for an extension drawn up by Victor Leyden, from Hasset Leyden in Ennis.
Haven't gotten as far as getting a builder yet, not in any hurry with it yet, but I have been recommended Pyne Construction. Not sure if an extension, ok depending on size, would be a big enough job for him, but worth trying.
I would be very interested to hear if/when you do find a builder, who you get.

I have got quite alot of work done with Victor Leyden and he is very dependable. They have a very good reputation and as far as I know have designed alot of buildings for HSE, Clare Co Co etc.
I would personally recommend them

I have just done the same, architect was Tricia Bevan from Quinn, excellent, do not go near an outfit called DGL. Get a good engineer to check verything and do not release money unless you are sure you have got work to that value done. I thought I had picked a reasoanble guy I was wrong and my engineer swanned off to France part way through. I am in trouble now.

noah