Recommendations for accommodation near Wentworth Golf club

Westie123

Hello,

I was thinking of travelling to the BMW PGA Championship in 2010 at Wentworth , Surrey. Would anyone have recommendations for hotels in or near this area. Was looking at the map and the nearest big town/city seems to be Reading, but that is about 20-25 miles away. If anyone has been to Wentworth before , I would appreciate their thoughts.
[broken link removed]

Re: Recommendations for accommadation near Wentworth Golf club

Have not been to Wentworth(yet) but went over to Silverstone this year and booked Travelodge. Their network is extensive so may be one nearby.

Slim

Wentworth isn't far from Heathrow - so any of the airport hotels would be okay-ish (not that far away but transport might be a little awkward) ... closest town with Hotels is probalby Egham .. just off the M25 - this place is I know there - http://www.runnymedehotel.com/ - (though I've never stayed there just know of its existence!)

I was at Wentworth this year. Stayed in a hotel in Egham, wasn't sold on it to be honest - [broken link removed].

Windsor is nearby and would be my choice of place to stay. This place looked v nice - [broken link removed]. The Runnymeade is a pricey enough spot.

Virginia Water is the town right beside Wentworth, but it's small enough. I know the Wheatsheaf Hotel there is supposed to be ok too (can't find a website)...

Hope that helps!

Back