Recommendations for a phone with physical qwerty keyboard

tosullivan

Wife wants to change her phone and is looking for something that will have a physical qwerty keyboard and be able to support whatsapp and have wifi.

Found a few ads online for a few ideas...HTC Chacha and one or 2 blackberrys.

Can anyone suggest others please?

Thanks

You could take a different approach.

When moving to a 'smart' phone, one of the big issues for me was touch screen - and the ability to crunch out texts and emails. My big clunky fingers are not compatible with touch screen!

Ended up changing to a galaxy note (the bigger screen being the draw) and in tandem with that, I use [broken link removed].

It connects have bluetooth (once initially paired) in a matter of seconds - and is light and compact - but still a full size keyboard. With that, I can type out anything with essentially the same comfort and speed as I would do back at home in front of a laptop or desktop.

That might be another approach - as those built in qwerty keyboards are going to be very much - a compromise...

I have Blackberry which has the querty keyboard but don't find them user friendly at all. A friend has received a present of one recently and says the same thing as me. The keyboard is very small.

When family member was originally using it they had dreadful problems with Vodafone/Blackberry automatically taking 50 cent/now 99 cent per day on the Ready to Go for the Wifi. Despite contacting Vodafone on a few occasions it was still regularly turned back on and the deductions would commence again without their knowledge. It took a long time to get it sorted. This was a year or two ago so the problem may not arise any longer.

If she's a football hooligan or looter she might find it one handy though ;)

I have a BB and dont mind the keyboard...it took a bot of getting used to but now I can fly thro txts and emails.

Just wondered if there were other options out there

even worse, I typed that on my laptop

she got herself a HTC Chacha today for €100 sim free

Back