Recommendations - ear piercings (Cork)

DeeFox

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get ears pierced in or around Cork city? I had a bad experience when I was younger in one of those franchised shops selling accessories found in most big shopping centres so preferably not somewhere like that. Have now decided it is time to get the job done properly. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Most importantly I would suggest getting it done with needles rather than gun.
Guns can lead to so many problems and cannot be cleaned properly between piercings. Even if you think it is ok it may take years before your ears show the bad affect of gun piercings (it took 8 years for mine) So obviously stay away from places like claires accessories. Instead go to a proper tattoo place. My brother swears by tattoo zoo (has got both ears, lip, tongue, snake bites, eye brow, nipple done there). Some find raven ok but a few friends have had bad experiences.
Tattoo zoo is probably the best I could recommend. They also give great after care. I needed help for a belly button piercings done elsewhere and they didn't mind helping and really sorted out my problem.

If you go into a jewellers, they sometimes pierce ears.

I had my first one pierced about 19 years ago (for my Communion) and the second lot done about 11 years ago. Both in the jewellers, both using guns, with no problems.

If you go into a jewellers, they sometimes pierce ears.

I had my first one pierced about 19 years ago (for my Communion) and the second lot done about 11 years ago. Both in the jewellers, both using guns, with no problems.

I had mine done twice with guns. Back then I had no idea.
If you want it done properly get it done with needles properly. It is more expensive but where your body is concerned it is definitely worth it.
Just type gun vs needle piercings into google and you will find plenty more info.

Or take a look at these.
http://tattoo.about.com/cs/psafety/a/piercing_guns.htm

Back