Recommendations 4 Barcelona hotels with swimming pool

Phil_space

Travelling to Barcelona for week's holiday in August. Have been there before but not with a 4 year old! Looking for a hotel in Barce or nearby with nice swimming pool as that's what he'll want to do all day. Have looked at Castelldefels which has nice beach but not great selection of hotels with pools and these are dearer than Barce. For financial reasons don't want to hire a car so will need to be within public transport distance of Barce.

Any advice appreciated.

Was in a similar position two years ago and not a huge amount of hotels with a pool...the one we picked, Hotel Jazz, had a pool on the roof and was 200 yards from Las Ramblas...pretty good hotel as tripadvisor rating (link below) would indicate..

http://www.hoteljazz.com/

Yobr, thanks for the quick response. Have looked at the hotel website but at 146 per night (exc. b/fast) it's a bit out of the budget.

Thanks anyway.

Phil

I stayed in a Hilton in Barca with an outdoor pool. There is more than one Hilton in Barca so do check.

Hi there,

I stayed in a hotel called hotel Icaria which is a little bit outside of the city and walking distance from the beach which I loved. It has a pool, nice restaurant and it is a lovely hotel. It is on a good bus route and is close to the metro too. The city centre is about 20 mins on the bus. There are loads of nice restaurants around too. Its close to the Olympic Village and the beach and surrounding area is fab.
This is their website [broken link removed] but I think it might be worth your while booking via bookings.com or 1800hotels.ie etc

Enjoy Barca! It's a great holiday destination....

Barc

I stayed in the Miramar earlier this year and it is a beautiful hotel. It has a lovely outdoor pool, spa etc and nice grounds - views are stunning. Modern hotel beautiful rooms with balconies.

They are running specials at the mo - book 2 nights get 3rd free, book 3 nights get 4th free etc...

It's about a 10 min walk down a hill to Las Ramblas and the 2 open top buses stop outside.

Hope this helps.

I stayed in a hotel called Pere IV a few years back; it is not central but is a quick taxi ride into the city centre and is within walking distance of the beach. Nearest underground station is less than 5 minutes walk away.

It has a small indoor swimming pool, is 4 star and good value (€200 for 3 nights, booked with Alpharooms)

+1 for Pere IV. We got a three-nights-for-two deal straight from their website and it was very pleasant. Don't bother with B&B/meals, though; there's a lovely (spacious, family-friendly) café straight across the road that do pancakes and stuff your kid will eat as well as more traditional Catalan fare.

The pool isn't huge, but for a 4-year-old that's not a problem.

There are many really nice hotels available in Barcelona. I have personally not been to Barcelona, but one of my friends who had been there had really nice opinions about Pere IV. He stayed in the hotel for approximately 1 week, he used the pool frequently and said the service was also amazing.