Recommendation sought - landscaper/garden design - CC

Sam Maguire

Can anyone recommend someone to do a job on my "town garden" (50ft x 20ft approx? I'm not looking for anything spectacular or for a wannabe Diarmuid Gavin with Celtic water features, gazebos and comely maidens. Its presently a neglected mix of concrete path and (former) lawn, and has a tumbledown block shed that needs to be removed.

I'm looking for something simple and low/zero maintenance - gravel and some paving (for a sitting area) probably having a membrane (if I can be convinced its not an ecological complete no no). Also a small garden shed for a bike, etc. Added bonus would be some advice on planting, especially on how to screen the boundaries as much as possible (and as quickly as possible) from the neighbours in a tasteful, low key way which wont cause WW3 - on one side neighbours recently built a big extension to within 1 metre of party wall with 2 windows looking directly at my kitchen (without ever having the courtesy to knock on my door to explain what is happening - anyway, i'm digressing......!). Privacy is key to the exercise - but Im not talking leylandii..

Any recommendations gratefully accepted - i have received excellent ones from this site previously. CC or north city area. Im prepared to spend a reasonable amount (I know we're talking thousands but I'm thinking 2 to 3 ish) - maybe I'm expecting too much for that - depends what is included??

thanks folks

You seem to have some clear ideas already, why not take a few photos and dimensions, figure out what diection your garden faces (north, south etc) and go to a garden show like "bloom" or "our house" and ask a few of the deigners for some advice. Your budget appear like it may only cover materials so it may be a diy project.

You could try Garden and Home Tel 041 9865300/ 085 7108080- extremely knowledgeable, reasonably priced and very reliable from my experience.

thansk folks..much appreciated...will try these and a couple of others I have received from friends...will post further if I have good (or bad...) experiences

Back