Recommendation for restaurant in Kilkenny area?

Rovers1901

Want to get someone (married couple actually) a voucher for a restaurant as a "thank you". Anyone got any recommendations for a decent restaurant in the Kilkenny area? They wouldn't be too fond of Oriental food, so i think I can discount them straight away. All other suggestions welcome!
Cheers

How about Lyrath Castle or Hotel which is just on the outskirts of Kilkenny? Have never been and have no connection with said venue.

Try Zuni http://www.zuni.ie/, I have eaten there while visiting and it was lovely from start to finish.Staff, food, decor, relaxation element all very good. Toilets were tiny but minor issue.
Also have had Lautrecs a French restaurant highly recommended to me but I have not eaten there (it was booked out when I tried to book it) but person who recommended it is a big foodie. Ph No 0567762720

Ate in Lautrecs on a Sunday night...was very nice. OH has the seafood chowder to start and loved it.

Also there is a nice Italian called Rinucinnis in the town but I have googled and cant get any contact details for them.

Would back up the recommendation of Lautrec's - very nice Indeed.

Just a quick questions but is it not an Italian restaurant ? I seem to remember there being a lot of pasta/pizza type dishes on the menu ? Probably had one of the nicest pasta dishes I've ever eaten there.

by far nicest restaurant in kilkenny is pordillos in butter slip rain. You will have to pre-book. they do fish, pasta, meat etc.

zuni is nice but they are trying to be very upmarket and the food dosnt match

I have eaten in Lyrath once and they are really trying to stop you coming back again, very poor service, the most expensive bar i have ever been in (amnd i live in Dublin) and the food again is not of the standard they are trying to pretend and charge

I do not have any associataion with anything in kilkenny

If people are not very adventurous Jacob's Cottage on Ormonde Street, Langtons or Dining Room in Newpark Hotel. For the more adventurous you have ZUNI as mentioned above, also Fleva, Renachinni's and Lemongrass, Green Chilli, Lautrecs is always a favourite also the Thai Restaurant in the Lyrath Estate is very reasonable and very tasty (we have'nt been to the other ones in that hotel as mentioned above).

I would give Pordillo's a skip as you have to have a minimum spend and not a great number of choices on the menu. (I just think a minimum spend is a bit cheeky as most people would go well over the amount anyway if you include a bottle of wine etc)

I have to recommend the restaurant in The Rivercourt hotel. We had a fantastic meal there when we stayed in Kilkenny for the weekend