Recommendation for PC speakers?

spwizard

Can anyone recommend a good set of PC speakers for listening to music (up to €200)?

Thanks.

Was a thread here last week regarding the Lidl ones they had/still have. Decent reviews on them and only 39 quid. Looked at them myself but a bit bulky for my liking.

I'm with Towger on Creative Gigaworks T20. Komplett.ie are selling it for E72.20 inc Vat. Definitely the biz. Imo Creative is quality without the price tag.

Go for the Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II. I just bought a pair for £89.99 online from PCWorld in the North and picked them up myself.

I got a great pair of Roland speakers a few years back - which are excellent & actually home recording/studio quality but not too expensive if I recall. May be overkill though - I'll come back with the exact model later on.

Update:

Those speakers if you are interested are Roland MA-12.

You should be able to get them for about €150.

Thanks very much for those suggestions.

I’m embarrassed to admit it but I just realised that I could try hooking up my PC to my amp (which is in the same room as the PC). Although it hasn’t seen as much action as in its heyday when CD & minidiscs were all the rage.

Anyway it works a treat, so for now I’ll use the amp but I appreciate all the replies and suggestions. I’m ashamed at myself for not thinking of this sooner, all those hours of listening to music through the rubbish speakers supplied with the PC!

Thanks again for the suggestions though.