Recommendation for net curtains,Lucan area?

If you can get to Ballyfermot there is a place called Kavanaghs, it's been there years. Don't know if they fit them but you will get lots of advice on how to fit them and sizes etc.

AFAIK Harry Corry in Liffey valley should be able to sell you the net curtains (it's been years since I bought ours). Fitting them really is a DIY job.

No offence intended but are net curtains not a bit... 70's?? Most people go for blinds, either roller or venetian these days...

It's all a matter of taste. Some people like them. That's their prerogative. The original poster is looking for tips of sourcing and fitting curtains not on what's considered fashionable or not.

If you can get to Ballyfermot there is a place called Kavanaghs, it's been there years. Don't know if they fit them but you will get lots of advice on how to fit them and sizes etc.

Can recommend these guys too. Have no affiliation with them but purchased wooden blinds and also roller blinds from them. Very reasonable and courteous service. they definitely do a large selection of nets.

Nets might be a bit old fasioned, but if I'm at home during the day I can tell who else is at home just by looking to see if the roller blinds are up or down. At least with nets no-one can tell if you are at home or not just by looking at the house.

Nets might be a bit old fasioned, but if I'm at home during the day I can tell who else is at home just by looking to see if the roller blinds are up or down. At least with nets no-one can tell if you are at home or not just by looking at the house.

Venetian/wooden blinds don't need to be pulled up or opened a lot so they would in effect provide the same security as the nets. I would have had the same view as yourself some years ago but I find the blinds a lot less work.

Venetian/wooden blinds don't need to be pulled up or opened a lot so they would in effect provide the same security as the nets. I would have had the same view as yourself some years ago but I find the blinds a lot less work.

We only got wooden blinds on french doors and having watched the dust accumulate on them over the last few weeks, I think i'd almost revert back to nets, old fashioned or not...

Hi Tarquin,

Why not measure the width and length of window area that you want to put curtains on, then ring Duffys, Earl Street, Hickeys Fabrics, Henry Street, or Hickeys Home Focus, Blanchardstown. I always find these shops useful. If you give the measurements they will tell you how much you require for each window and they will give you a price, dependent on the kind you need, patterened or plain, etc. I hope I'm not stating the obvious but sometimes it just doesn't occur to me to ring around before I start out. As the ad says let your fingers do the walking.

Cheers

I know this is off topic (before people start jumping down my neck), but the management company for the housing estate (not apartment complex) that I live in have it as a condition that the only acceptable form of window covering are blinds or curtains, but net curtains are explicitly prohibited. The only acceptable colour for blinds are wooden, or neutral.

That's insane. I really detest when management companies dictate things like that. Yes it might be in keeping with the rest of the estate but you paid enough for the house to be able to decide what you put in it. What would they do if you put up nets?

My mum has her house done with nets and as much as I detest them, there is no better option out there. The downstairs front room houses a computer and I'd hate to think anyone could just talk up and look in and see what's in there.