Recommendation for family hotel within 1 hour of Dublin

Summer

Nice hotel for Mum, swimming pool for 8 year old son and golf for Dad. Suggestions please. Or open to a trip on the Shannon or a barge on the Erne waterways. Hoping to go next week.

Nice hotel for Mum, swimming pool for 8 year old son and golf for Dad. Suggestions please. Or open to a trip on the Shannon or a barge on the Erne waterways.
Are you sure!? These are radically different sorts of holidays - staying in a nice/comfortable hotel versus cramming into a boat.

Budget: I am desperate
Boat: My little boy would love it
Golf: Paying lip service

I have tried late rooms and later rooms and late again rooms sites, all are full for next week.
Likewise dream holidays and self catering (with nothing for my son) holidays. The additional charges for utilities are hilarious, some examples of which are €5 per night for the heating. €15 if you want your towels changed. Good laugh but I am still looking for availability.

The new Golf hotel at Moyvalley (Just off the Motorway to the midlands - less than an hour from Dublin - seems to meet most of the requirements - Had a meal there but have not stayed overnight - but it looks superb.

Don't know if you're north or south Dublin, but I think these are all within reasonable driving distance and should meet all requirements:
The Heritage at Killenard
Knightsbrook (Trim)
Johnstown House (Enfield)
The K Club (if money is absolutely no object!!!)
Carton House
Hodson Bay, Athlone
Mount Wolseley in Carlow
Druid's Glen in Wicklow

I'd second Hodson Bay - plus they nearly always seem to have 'deals' going, especially if it's to be a mid week stay.