Recommendation for book keeping software

ledger

Hi there,
I do the books for a small retail outlet. I currently use an old DOS based programme and I am looking to change.
I don't need anyting that links to stock control or anything like that. I just need
Creditors ledger with the facility to enter supplier terms.
Nominal ledger- usual stuff
Facility to do online Vat returns
The cash book is the one thing I cannot find in the software demos I have looked at (Sage, Thesaurus, Tas). All our sales are cash sales, done through the tills. At the moment I use a monthly excel spread sheet, divided into departments. I also enter the total lodged for the day and reconcile that with the bank statements every month. We use the cash book frequently to see how various departments are doing so it is quite important. Any recommendations please ?

A lot of people seem to be happy with TASbooks? Seems to be cheap and easy to use.

I've been asked for a recommendation for accounting software by a customer of mine recently as they are not happy with their current package and I'm not in a position to recommend one over another. Does anyone know of any business that supplies multiple accounting software titles that can advise on the merits of the various options? I've googled for one without success...