recommendation for a hotel within 1 hour from leoparstown

doberden

Hi, Heading off with my wife to-morrow night but haven't booked the hotel yet (ooopps). Dropping my son off in Leopardstown with my sister and picking him up the next day so it makes sense to head out that direction. Don't want to drive too far, 1 hour max. Anybody recommend a good hotel? (pool, jacuzzi, nice hotel and a nice restaurant/bar).

Thanks

www. brooklodge.com

The Brooklodge and Wells Spa in Macreddin Village, less than an hour from South Dublin (near Aughrim). Have been there for meals and weddings and the food is great. Lovely location.

Here's the blurb -
"
  • "Luxurious bedrooms from country house style to New York style mezzanine suites
  • Ireland's only certified organic restaurant, The Strawberry Tree
  • Sheer relaxation with morning papers, afternoon tea's & evening drinks in The Waterside Lounge
  • Our very own home brewed Beer & Stout from Actons Country Pub & Brewery and home cooking with a twist in the Orchard Cafe
  • BrookHall, stunning new addition that includes the River Room, 24 en-suite bedrooms, Mezzanine Bar, dedicated reception area and a swimming pool
  • A delicious selection of food produce, fine wines & tableware in The Store Rooms
  • State of the art conference suites in The Brook Mews
  • Purpose built for wedding receptions, The River Room
  • Macreddin Stables & Equestrian Centre
  • Mapped walks in the nearby Macreddin Woods
In a world surrounded by hustle and bustle, too often we forget our bodies are not machines and desperately need attention.
You can escape to The Wells Spa at The BrookLodge for body, mind and soul rejuvenation."

The Stillorgan park hotel, is a five min drive from leopardstown. Excellent rates,Think its 99 e for a room. Great rooms.
Deew

The Stillorgan Park doesn't have a pool, and it is on the side of one of the busiest roads in the Country. It wouldn't be my choice for a nice night away without the kids.

Never been to Brooklodge, but I have friends who are big fans.

Back