recommend where to buy scanner?

moneygrower

I'm thinking of buying a canoscan 90 to scan mostly pictures from magazines and books as a kind of reference for various designs, reviews are good, it's compatible with vista 64 and compact. Can someone recommend where to buy it? I've seen a place called dabs that sells them online for a reasonable price but I saw negative reviews of the company on boards.ie and am wary after a bad experience with an online pc seller. Other option I saw was pixmania but seems pricey. I live in Dublin if anyone can recommend a shop or online.
Also if anyone thinks I should go for a difference scanner let me know..
Update - I see it's available from komplett which I saw mentioned elsewhere so presume they are okay.

i think dabs is owed by BT. have heard mixed reports about pixmania re customer service. komplett have been grand for me in the past. you could try ebay making sure the sellers rep is 99-100%.

I have bought some items, including a scanner, from Komplett [broken link removed] . Prices competitive and delivery is from within Ireland. I also returned one item under warranty without much hassle.

I have used too without a problem, though some members on AAM have had problems.

Check out the gear in PC World etc and use http://www.amazon.co.uk (www.amazon.co.uk) for reviews - Amazon don't seem to deliver most electronics to Ireland any more.

Fo what it's worth, I purchased an Epson 4990 Photo scanner (newer models available now) from Komplett about 18 months ago. It more than fulfills our needs including scanning in old family photos, slides, negatives (converts to photos with sw) college projects, faxing etc. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-Perfe...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1196159729&sr=1-1

With all online retailers aftersales and returns are usually slow. I would just price match between the shops and the bigger websites. I have no experience of that scanner. Usually I would hit the various PC magazine websites see which is the best rated scanner by them. PC Pro usually has good recomendations. In the past I would have gone for a Epson scanner for high quality. These days I scan so rarely I just use a very basic scanner on my all in one printer.