Recommend San Francisco Hotel

Cantona7

My parents are visiting SF next month for 5 days. They are both 70 but will be keen to visit the "sights" so somewhere central would be great. Thanks a lot
C7

We stayed in the Hotel Diva which is very central only 1 block from Union Square.

If you run a search there are alot more threads already on this.

Hi Cantona,

In regard to location I'd recommend that you would book a hotel in the Fisherman's Wharf area rather than downtown as a lot of the hotels listed as 'Union Square' / 'Downtown' are bordering the Tenderloin which is not a nice neighbourhood. The Wharf can be ott but its safe and close to boat trips around the bay and close enough to downtown to go in for shopping and the other attractions.

M

Just to follow up on my recommendation of the Holiday Inn, Civic Center - if you are of a sensitive disposition then it's probably not for you. Wouldn't bother me but it (the area) is a bit rough and ready. Some locals were shocked that we were staying there.

thanks for the tip off Clubman. Hotel Diva looks real cool but i think the wharf area would probably suit them.
C7

go to and book a hotel this way.

I used it on my trip there a couple of years ago and got a great hotel for very little money.

You put in how much you are prepared to pay, which star hotel you want and the area you want it in. Then hotels will accept your offer if they think it is reasonable. Warning - if you put in an offer and it is accepted there is no way to back out.

the Beresford Arms Hotel on the corner of Post St and Jones St is in an excellent location only a couple of blocks away from Powell St. The hotel has very large rooms with a jacussi bath and mini kitchen. A continental breakfast is included in the room rate - see the hotel web site at www.beresford.com

I stayed in a really fun and funky boutique hotel called the Hotel Monaco. It is just off Union Square. The room was fantastic. The restaurant is super. They should dine here one evening even if they don't stay in the hotel.

Marion