Recommend restaurant central Dublin please

Plek Trum

Hi,

my partner and I will be in Dublin next Saturday, 21st March, staying in the Temple Bar area (The Morgan). Can anyone recommend a nice restuarant nearby for afternoon / early evening meal? Anywhere within walking distance!

Also (to really score brownie points) are there any vegetarian restaurants in Dublin that you would recommend? Something on a par with Cafe Paradiso in Cork would be great.

Many thanks.

Chez Max beside Dublin Castle is a particular favorite of mine (small, initimate French cafe style - not vegetarian but oh the food)
Also for vegetarian, there is one in the Powerscourt Townhouse, I think its the second floor and open until around 7 or 8 pm so good for afternoon meal. have eaten there a few times with friends and its good.

unfortunately there's nowhere in Dublin that's even a patch on Cafe Paradiso

best bet is to go "ethnic" really though i've had good vegetarian food in town bar and grill and the pearl brasserie, one pico seems to have some nice veggie options too but haven't been there.

Salamanca is a tapas restaurant beside Trocadero on Trinity street. Very good food highly recommended and as it's tapas you can both have as much meat or not as you wish....

I think Odessa is great for food and atmosphere...google it...it is on one of the back streets near the stags head pub.

For ethnic...I like Siam Thai..

For cheap and cheerful Italian I like ....Pizza Stop in the lane opposite Neary's pub (my fav pub) on Chatham St.

For coffee and people watching I like Metro Cafe on Chatham St.

Cafe Bar Deli are great cheap and cheerful italians with good atmosphere too...you can't book them though.

WOULD also recommend siam thai in Andrew Street as do nice vegetarian options or Jaipur south great george's street for Indian. For vegeterian there is Juice (thats what I think its called) also on south Great George's almost across for mexican one call Acapoluca

There's the 101 on Talbot street - always has a good range of vegetarian dishes (proper ones, not your "vegetable pasta bake" that tastes like someone bought in a cheap microwave meal for those weirdoes who don't eat meat).

There are sample menus on their website:
[broken link removed]

Darwins on Aungier St is lovely and has a good choice of veggie dishes too [broken link removed]

Thanks so much guys - I'm here salivating at work (I should have had my breakfast!) Will definately check those out, appreciate it

yeah had forgotten about darwin's that's a good choice too. monty's of kathmandu has some interesting veggie options too and i've always enjoyed cafebardeli, they have a few pizza and pasta options and their salads are great too

Back