Recommend new second hand car please

Teatime

Can anyone recommend a second hand car for this spec:

1) Want reliable, economical, safe, mid-sized car (Polo, Ibiza, Focus, Ceed, I30, Civic etc)
2) 10,000 miles per year - mostly city miles
3) 2005+
4) Not pushed on Diesel or Petrol - whatever makes economic sense
5) Want to keep it for 5+ years
6) Room for 2 child seats in the back
7) Budget is €5000-€8000

Buy a Toyota, Avensis vvti or Corolla vvti petrol witha history and as low in mileage as you can get, they are good on petrol, nice to drive, not exciting but very functional, We've had both over the years, we kept the Corolla as the second car and ran it up to 176 mls and sold it in a day, as a family we have happy memories of the corolla...

I;ve driven a Polo and would recommend this also. Light on petrol too.

The Polo is smaller than a C'eed and a good bit smaller than a Focus. The mid-sized VW is the Golf.
Toyota are good but their reliability is very over-stated. They are also really boring to drive.
I like Fords; well built, cheap to service, reliable and nice to drive.
The C'eed isn't bad either and VW's are solid cars, if a bit expensive to buy and service.
The I30 is also an excellent car as is the Civic but, like all Honda cars, it's expensive to service.
None of the above cars are bad and will all do the job. Test drive a few and buy the one you like and can get the best deal on. Read the excellent key post on buying a second hand car.

Just stay away from Opel's; they are rubbish.