Recommend NetBook

dodo

Looking to buy Netbook PC for 10 yr old for Xmas,if someone good recommend a good value one and would be good for a 10 yr old, thanks

For a 10-year-old I'd recommend you spend as little as possible, as there's every chance it'll be broken within a month, even with a careful child. I would also steer clear of tablets and other touchscreen devices for the same reason.

Would you consider a netbook? They can be had for around the mark nowadays. There are also 7" Android mini-laptops, but something running Windows will probably be more versatile.

netbook

Yes the netbook is what she wants ,windows would make more sense,so any in particular that would suffice,cheers

I bought a compaq (HP) netbook in Tesco earlier this year - got it for €190. Runs Windows 7 starter, fairly robust (took it to the US on holidays) and picks up my internet signal at home better than my older laptop does.

Check out donedeal for 2nd hand ones. When I was looking around for mine, I noticed quite a few ads for almost-new netbooks (less than 2 months old in some cases), from people who upgraded to tablets/ipads and the like.

If you need it to be small and portable, then I can understand a netbook. But a regular laptop wouldn't be that much more expensive and would a lot more powerful. What will she use it for?