Recommend media player

dodo

I was going to get just an external drive, but now want to go and get one of those media player's, I have hd /hdmi tv, so want to buy a 1TB media player, should I buy one with power supply or without, what is the difference, thanks

All hardrives of that size (1TB) will require an external power supply, even the 2.5 inch Ext. Media HD will run off a USB when hooked upto your laptop but when connected to a TV use power supplies and generally don't come in 1TB.

I have a Verbatim (500Gb) and Western Digital (500Gb) Media Stations myself and have had no problems...the verbatim one cost around €160 a year ago on komplett but might be cheaper now...

On the grounds that the drive will some day fail, I'd suggest getting a separate 1TB hard drive and a HD media player to connect to it (like for €84.99 in Currys).
You can get cheaper media players (see here), but the WD one is the biz. Also, you can add a second hard drive if you fill up the first one.

Amazon are doing a 1TB WD drive for under £60 with free delivery to Ireland. Currys/Dixons probably have , if you prefer to buy over the counter.