IrishGunner

Hey

Looking for printer for Father for Christmas

Checked PC world website and nothing really stood out

Tried Komplett but not sure if they would deliver in time

Then looked at Power City and the printer below

[broken link removed]

Has also a scanner and you can also insert memory cards and view pictures
as this is what he will more than likely be printing, so more grandkid pics around parents house

Checked out Cnet and the review on it looked good

Anyone got any other suggestions, no mad prices

Thanks

That printer looks fairly decent.

You can get it at Pixmania for €103 + €23.30 del (standard 3/4 days) or €30.40 del (1-2 days). The delivery system is very reliable & i've used it before.

I don't know if you want to wait around for it to come for the sake of €6-14 saving. It says Christmas delivery guaranteed beside it anyway.

As ever always check the cost of consumables for printers as often what looks like a bargain up front may not be when the total cost of ownership is worked out.

As ever always check the cost of consumables for printers as often what looks like a bargain up front may not be when the total cost of ownership is worked out.

Have a canon myself and the refills are not that expensive and they do last long.

i have a cannon all in one ,bought about 3 months ago.Am very happy with it.would recommend cannon without hesitation.

HP is the top brand and they make the cartriges in Ireland.Go for it.

HP cartridges are quite expensive. Who cares where the stuff is made as long as it does the job cost effectively?

Can anyone recommend a good mono laser printer?

Are Brother consumables cheap compared to HP?

Looking for printer for Father for Christmas

What will Father be doing with the printer?

For my sins I have 2 printers, a Photo printer which prints quality photos and prints onto DVDs & CDs (expensive ink), and a laser for regular B&W stuff, documents etc (cheap(er) ink).

I am not suggesting you get 2, but consider what it will be used for & then buy with that in mind.

Bought the one in Power city last night and looks ok except had to buy the usb lead not that much extra

He will not be printing that much he is bit of a PC novice so will mess around with it but have to remind him the ink needs refilling now and again

Now to show him how to use Nero for burning that will be a job in itself

thanks for all the advice

Sorry to butt in on this thread - but can anyone advise me if the Lexmark X1130 is compatible with windows XP?
Since changing over to Xp the printer won't work - not communicating and something about the USB port??
Annamac

I have had lexmark and Epsom in the past alcoholics on ink have a HP 940 for a long time now, although its the most expensive to buy ink for, (15 and 78) it never wastes ink cleaning itself, and ink will last for ages,by far better value than others, got a photo printer last year, had to throw it out, it used to empty cartridge after 30 photos,

Yeah I had an epsom recently, it had 4 tiny cartridges and if one got to the alarm level the printer refused to print. I also noticed that the level reduced (according to the computer) even when I hadnt used the printer for ages. I bought a gadget that resets the cartridge memory to fool it into thinking it was full. But in the end I dumped it and bought a HP. No complaints so far on the HP.