Recommend me a Backpack Dublin Area

IrishGunner

Posted in this forum as its kinda travel related but if Mods need to move no probs.Going backpacking around Egypt and Jordan for 3 weeks in Sept. Looking for a backpack in the Dublin area. Was in town and think It was millets of Mary Street I was in,good few backpacks. Was looking for one that can go on my back but also has wheels or something similar. Something maybe that opens like a suitcase and not one that you load from the top and have to empty everything to get your clean socks at the bottom

Any other shops that sell backpacks in Dublin area? Don't want to spend mad money just something decent that I can also maybe put locks on

I bought a backpack/hand carrier bag in the Great Outdoors in Chatham street (I think, its opposite Neary's pub off Grafton street) recently. I checked with the guy and asked for a bag that was standard hand luggage size for aircraft. It can be carried like a hand luggage or put on your back and it has a shoulder strap as well. It is very roomy and does me for my summer holiday. It has internal strapping to squeeze up your load as well. Its probably too big for a weekender in fact so should be OK for you. It cost about €60.

+1 Great Outdoors.

Have a look at their Deuter backpacks with wheels. Deuter is an excellent German brand.

Thanks

Great outdoors looks a bit expensive and Capel Camping and Millets a bit more reasonable. Not sure if they will put their prices up this time due to Summer hols & students travelling(my student days are long gone:D) or wait till August Sept and see if prices fall. Will check around town this weekend

Go to great outdoors and check out the one you want. Tell them you will think about it and take the brand name and model or bag name and check out online. Seeing as you're in no hurry a week for delivery wont matter.

If you can get up to Belfast, you should also consider the Tiso and Cotswold Outdoor stores there. There is also a Milletts in Belfast.

The online stores for Tiso and Cotswold Outdoor are worth looking at.

Looking at This Bag ok a bit big but when had a look around Dublin city this was the best taking into account price and its not top loading.

Is there anywhere on line to buy also?

Thoughts?

It's also known as the Easy Camp Pack N Go Cargo Travel XL and it's on simplyhike.co.uk and amazon.co.uk for £49.95. But with the current bad exchange rate and P&P it will most likely work out more expensive.

one more

Its been a while since I have travelled with a backpack/ rucksack. Need to bring a sleeping bag with me and not sure to tie it to the outside or put it inside. Travelling Dublin-London-Cairo then flying from Amman-London-Dublin.
What are the best packing options would it be necessary to get the bubble wrap, although they dont have this in Dublin. Travelling in Sept and one of the journeys is on a Felucca so one option maybe to bribg a warm jacket as sleeping on deck in open air. In 2 mindsWhat are my options or any suggestions. Travelling BMI and their call centre are useless.

Back