Recommend Home Office Laser MFC Printer

Baby boomer

Hi folks,

I'm looking to buy a multifunction laser printer, for the home office. Requirements are:
A4 Colour print, copy and scan.
Scan direct to email.
Scan direct to network.
Print from Android devices.
Double sided printing and copying.
Reasonable size document feeder (50 sheet or so)
Good quality print, min 1200dpi
Handle heavy letterhead (200g paper)
Dual paper tray for ordinary and letterhead.

There are plenty of candidates that seem to fit this spec in the €300ish price range. Would anybody have any specific recommendations that they have found to work well and reliably. Or, conversely, brands to avoid!

Or any other requirement worth looking for.

Thanks!

I bought a Canon Pixma MG3650 2 years ago for home use. It has wireless printing from smartphone and tablet, scans (and to the cloud) photocopies and prints all in colour if I want. It cost me €35 and is great little printer. I buy my ink online from 123ink.ie

I bought a Canon Pixma MG3650 2 years ago for home use. It has wireless printing from smartphone and tablet, scans (and to the cloud) photocopies and prints all in colour if I want. It cost me €35 and is great little printer. I buy my ink online from 123ink.ie
Thanks for that. I have a Canon MG5550 and I also buy replacement cartridges online in bulk. To be honest I find it very temperamental, both in terms of paper feed and wifi. It keeps losing the wifi connection and needs the password reentered regularly. I wouldn't buy another Canon. I bought it originally for occasional colour printing as backup to an old Dell B/W laser which has now packed in after 15 years service. The Canon is just about ok for low volumes but I want something a bit more robust.

Thanks for that, Westgolf. It ticks a lot of boxes but I think I'd go for a laser for volume.

Thanks for that, Westgolf. It ticks a lot of boxes but I think I'd go for a laser for volume.
You're welcome. I bought it when the need was for work from home use occasionally plus normal domestic use so I will probably have to revisit that at some stage.

Back