Recommend good steam iron for <70 euro?

Bluebean

hi all,

My steam iron has just stopped working - no particular reason, but its banjaxed.
Going to buy a new one but don't need one of the uber steam station ones or anything - just a fairly good steam iron. One condition is that it must have an auto off function.

There's a Tefal one coming up in Lidl on Thursday, or failing that it will probably be bought from Argos/Woodies/Atlantic homecare.

Anyone got any recommendations? or ones to avoid?

thanks.

Philips GC 3320 about €50 in Tesco. Three different steam levels. Have mine a couple of months and find it fine.

I have a Breville iron not sure of the model. It's dark pink - good iron but the button to control the temp is too close to the handle so when I'm ironing I keep hitting it and I don't realise until the iron starts to get cold.
Just something to look out for

I regularly update our steam iron and have given up on Breville brand. They developed too many leaks which sometimes stained the clothes and needed rewashing. This was despite regularly maintenance.

Bought a Tefal one a few years back but it required regular purchase and replacement of filters and couldn't be bothered with that so returned it.

I find this one from Argos to be very good but it doesn't have an auto off function. Not sure how freely available that function is especially with your budget of €70.00.

Back