recommend good bar for xmas party food and drinks?

narky

hi all,

i've the pleasure of trying to organise our xmas party in work.. it's always a very casual affair. there are about 25 of us and we usually try go out about 3pm. we have been to the market bar which was great but people want a change. can anyone recommend the same sort of set up as this? we want somewhere that we don't have to be moving on to another pub after

We don't have too much money per head but we'd like something to eat. even big platters. we want something city centre and south side of possible... have drawn a complete blankety blank!!! dying to hear the suggestions.

i like the bull and castle opposite christchurch, they do platters upstairs
[broken link removed]
they do really nice food downstairs too

I had my 30th bday in macTurcaills on townsend street. They can reserve an area for you and do platters at a very reasonable cost. I've heard of a few people since then orgainsing their Christmas drinks there.

Watch for the bar prices in a lot of these places. The food may be reasonable, but then the guests are fleeced when they go to buy their drinks. I was in Le Cirk in Dame Street a couple of weeks ago and paid 8.50 a glass for a crappy house wine at the bar.
Personally I'd do anything else but take a group of colleagues out to any of the places in Dublin, they rip you off with poor service and big prices in the pre-christmas period. Go bowling instead, or try this
http://www.questevents.com/

Hairy Lemon is a decent spot as there is usually a good atmosphere. Also the Gingerman beside the Alexander Hotel used to be perfect for that sort of thing but it has been a while since I have been there so not sure if they are still doing platters etc. Dicey Reillys will give you free platters if you reserve a space but as mentioned above, will fleece you on drink prices. You could also try Howl at the moon on Mount Street. You could also look at some of the pubs on Baggot Street such as the Baggot inn, Larry Murphys, the Wellington, Harry Gratton etc. As far as I know they all do food.

Lets just say that is plenty of choice!! You should be able to get a deal on the food if you are bringing 25 people into a pub for the whole night

Back