Recommend buggy/travel system from birth for walker!

tester1

Hi

Looking for recommendation for buggy/travel system for a new born.
I walk alot and intend to try and keep up after baby born.
Looking for recommendations or advice. Thanks

I bought a phil and teds it's the best my little fella is now 2 and a half and i love it and use it everyday

Depends on whether you will be using a car and if so the size of your boot also if you need it to be able to take a baby car seat. What sort of terrain will you be walking on - rough country roads/footpaths/shopping centres?

If possible go for a system that weighs under 10Kg as it's easier to lug around and remember the overall weight you're pushing goes up as your baby gets older. Personally I prefer a 3 wheel system as I find it easier to move around.

The Phil & Teds is a great option particularly if you are considering having more children as it can be converted into a double system easily enough. BBC1 - Watchdog did a "roadtest" of the most popular buggies in the market last Friday so if you can get your hands on a copy of the show it made for interesting watching. Overall the top rated were the cheaper priced Maclaren buggies which offered value for money and the same reliability as the more expensive systems.

HTH

We went for a Jane Carrera C with a Matrix car seat for our first. It's umbrella fold, so doesn't take up too much room, and while the car seat is heavy, it lies flat which is great for long trips in the car or walks

For the twins we got a Baby Jogger City Mini Twin. It's very light, and folds unbelievably quickly, but doesn't have a car seat. There's a single version too, so it might be worth looking at.

Other than that the Phil & Ted seems good.

The Maclaren Techno classic is the best buggy you'll ever get.Folds up easy,can even fit into the booth on a little micra car.We had one and i couldn't recommend in highly enough.We used it for our little boy from when he was born up to when he stared walking.

I have the maclaren, great for going shoping, but not for long walks, I had a 3 wheeler M&P (5yrs ago) it was brilliant, if now I would buy a Phil & Teds as very versatile. 3 Wheeler definately and large wheels, my sil has one and loves it, no prob with 2 children in it.