Recommend an oven

dodo

Could anyone recommend an oven with the hob been gas and the oven electric.If price known that would be great and where is the cheapest to buy thanks

hey, i have a neff double oven and we've had it for the last 4 years and its been fab, electric oven and gas hob, would highly recommend, we bought it with a kitchen company but i think you can buy it from them from DID electric etc..... not sure on price exactly

I am going to say Neff also. We are on our second one ....first lasted about 16 years and I would have nothing else. Each time I went for the basic model to keep the price down but you get the Neff circotherm system which is unbeatable.

I'm looking for the same - are there any less expensive brands that are good?

Hi there. Another happy Neff owner. Did have a Whirlpool before, but it wasn't as good.

I'm seeing a pattern here :)

I thought an oven was just an oven! Can I ask what you liked about the Neff applicances and what sets them apart from others?

As far as I know a regular fan oven is heated by elements on the top and bottom and the fan 'blows' the hot air around. In the circotherm oven the heat actually comes from the fan itself and so it cooks in a different way. I just know its brilliant for roasting meat. Foolproof! I also do my 'fry' in the oven. Just put rashers, sausages, tomatoe,etc on a tray in the oven, time it and you have a fry without the mess. It cooks at lower temperatures so you have to make adjustments when you follow a recipe.

I've a Neff circotherm oven with pyroclean function. It's fantastic. With the Circotherm you can cook meat, fish & sweet dishes at the same time and one won't end up tasting of the other! There's also a pizza setting, grill settings, & thermo grilling which is brilliant for roast potatoes. Cleaning is a doddle, switch on the Pyroclean and wipe out the dust a couple of hours later.

I also have a Neff combination oven and microwave and am really happy with it, it has various grill & hot air combinations and can also be used as an oven and microwave at the same time.

When making things like lasagne I notice that they brown evenly whereas with my old oven I used to have to rotate dishes.

Also, if you buy a Neff appliance you can attend one of their demonstrations (think only in Dublin though) where they show you how to get the best out of your oven.

It does sound great. All those mentions of fry-ups are making me hungry and I haven't had lunch yet :)

Does Powercity tend to be the cheapest for these?

Price around... KAL, power city and DID electrical are a few places, most kitchen company's order from KAL so price them to see what they offer you directly, we did that and it was cheaper for us at the time

Have a Canon stand alone oven/hob. Electric oven/grill and gas hob. Have had it years bought it from Hi-Speed Gas in Bluebell.

We use all Bosch kit. Multifunction oven including combination microwave and a seperate multifunction oven. (no turntable with the microwave) Bosch five burner stainless steel gas hob. All excellent.

Back