Recommend an ICF

islanderre

Hello All,

I posed this very same question over in Boards.ie but said i'd give it a shot here too.
I'm intending to build a 2100sq foot ICF Dormer, Gas fired UFH downstairs, a HRV system and hollow core house in the next couple of weeks.
From searchs on both Boards.ie and Askaboutmoney.ie about ICF's I gained alot of valuable information about this type of construction.
Now my question to all who have built an ICF house is why did you do it, what ICF companies would ye recommend, what are the do's 'n' dont's etc. To all who did consider it but did not run with it, may I enquire why.
As i'm sure we have all been in the same situation, i want to build the best i can considering this will probably be the only house i'll ever build. I have applied to Integraspec for a quote and am meeting NUDRUA hopefully on Thursday or Friday

Replies to islanderre@campus.ie or this this thread would be most welcome but I accept that the mods may not want specific companies mentioned on the thread.

You should check out Euromac as well..... Intregraspec & Nudura systems also look quite good. I looked at these previously but euromac were to expensive & no one was doing Intrgraspec or Nudura in Cork.

As far as i know only two systems have so far been granted an IAB cert...
Amvic and M2ireland.
Others have a BBA cert which is as good....
but stay away from anyone which doesn't have an IAB or BBA cert.

I have lookked at all ICF products.

Currently considering Airpacks (Cheapest) and also will quote for other elements such as pre-cast floors, Roof trusses, Internal Plasterboard, External render, etc

Airpacks are allegedly been IAB approved soon

Amvic Ireland are also quite competitive on price.

Yes but when it comes to this kinda stuff price is not the only factor - things to be considered (with product & installer) are...., details around the reveals, water penetration, straightness of walls- the acrylic renders can't be used to straighten like cement plaster

ninsaga

Off Course. I have analysed all systems all are more or less the same, U values aside.

Aggrement Certs definitely give confidence in a product - not all ICF s have this.

Folks,

Thanks for all the replies. Think it is mow best to send out my plans to all the companies that construct ICF and see what they report back. Interesting comment about looking for companies with either IAB or BBA certs.; will be sure to ask about this.

I'll report back here on my progress.

Thanks again.