Recommend a VW Passat TDI -Comfort/Highline or Sportsline?

Cashstrapped

Looking at trading up to a new VW Passat TDI so went to the Dealership last week and was boggled with all the different types, Comfortline, Highline and Sportsline. Was told by 2 of the dealerships that the 1.9TDI is in it's final year so they recommended a 2ltr version, while 2 others said they hadn't heard the 1.9TDI was going out of production.

I don't want to buy something that will become outdated by the end of the year (1.9tdi) or no longer in production, has anyone else heard about this and could anyone recommend which of the Comfortline, Highline and Sportsline would be the better buy? Plan on holding onto it long term, will do about 30k (km) a year in travel and suitable for a family of 4. Thanks.

Probably best not to buy until the new road tax/VRT comes into play.

Yeah I thought the same but 2 of the lads told me that yes the VRT will go down but so will the value of my trade in..
But if you are planning to keep the new car for a while, then the annual road tax becomes a factor - you need to do the sums with the new road tax levels as proposed and then add a bit - the government will be looking for soft targets for tax gains come december - old cars will be in the firing line IMO!

If you do want to buy now, the Highline is your best bet. It has the leather seats,alloys and the most extras of the model range. Sportline has a firm ride and the Comfort is the base model.