Recommend a sun holiday Sept/Oct

CKT

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a sun holiday for the end of Sept start of Oct, the wife, my 11 month old and myself will be going.

Thanks.

The Canaries - to be certain of sun at that time of year. Lazarote is probably best for young family and quiet hols. I went there when each of my children was 6 mths old and had a v good time. The Farionies in Puerto Del Carmen in Lanzarote is very popular with Irish holiday makers. Its right on the beach and also between the old town and the newer part of the town. It is well run and quiet and ideal for young family.
The Spaniards will welcome an 11 month year old into their restaurants which is not what you find here!

These ones:

not the similarly named Fariones appartments which are nearby.

Last edited:

Thanks, FredBloggs, we were actually thinking of Lazarote.......looks good

At that time you are pretty sure of good weather in Lanzarote. Some good other threads on AAM too about Lanzarote & the restaurants. Puerto del Carmen would be the most popular spot for Irish visitors although Playa Blanca is a lovely spot too ( quite spread out though ). Transfers to PdC from airport take only a few minutes as its only about 5-7km away. Distances generally are small and taxis / car hire reasonable.

From personal experience can recommend Menorca or South of France at that time of year.

Madeira and Malta are also good that time of year.Weather is good and they are not too noisy